Thursday 23 August 2012

[Review] Skin Food BB Cream - Peach Sake Pore

Hello darlings ~

A couple of months back when I was looking around at those beauty tutorial videos on YouTube, I came across a video (sorry, I could not remember who's video was it) and she was talking about Skin Food Peach Sake Pore BB Cream, how she like it better than the other brands BB cream and how it makes her face look flawless (etc etc etc). 

I personally own the Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder, and the powder provides a very nice matte finish on the face and it smells really nice. I even brought a back up for it during my recent Korea trip. 



And so I thought, since I have good impression on the powder, the BB cream from the same line shouldn't be that bad (since I am not the BB cream kind of girl), especially after hearing the reviews and tutorial on youtube.  

The first thing I notice about this will be the smell. The nice, light peach smell, just like how the powder smell like. 

Peach Sake Pore BB Cream
SPF20 PA+

Contain Peach extract that smooths oily, troubled skin, and Sake that controls excessive sebum secretion,
this light texture blemish cream effectively conceals skin impurities
and gives a natural coverage for a flawless complexion.


The next thing I like, is that this have a pumper tube which make it easier for me as it allows me to control how much or how little I want to use. And a pumper tube keep the content more hygiene too.



Pros :

This product has a light to medium coverage that makes my face have this instant glow without looking oily. It feels very light on the face and it is very easy to blend out.

It does not feel sticky, and it is build able for better coverage (acting as concealer) on blemishes and reddness. It is about to even out the skin tone pretty well and have a reasonable oil control.

It does not break me out or cause me to have any black heads issues.


Cons :

I cant say that it is able to minimizes or cover up pores well like what it claims.  ( it definitely does not set into the pores and enhancing them and clogging them up ).

As there are only 2 shades available, I got the shade #1 (with a tint of yellow undertone) which is the lighter shade. When the BB cream oxidizes, I feel that it does not match my skin tone very well.


Would I buy this again ? Most probably I will get this product again, maybe in shade #2 and use it as a highlighter or a primer for my face.


xoxo
The Thrift Shop Beauty

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading the review for this product; I wonder, would you be willing to post some swatches too?

    ReplyDelete