Friday 17 August 2012

[Review] The Face Shop Peeling Day - Water in Pomegranate

Hello darlings~

We all know that it is very important to exfoliate our skin as it helps to remove the old and dead skin cells on our most outermost surface, leaving our skin smooth and radiant.
New skin cells are created in the skin's lower layer and over time, the cells will migrate to the surface of the skin. However, these new cells will die and become saturated with keratin during their 30 days journey (yes, they only have 30 days lifespan, before a new layer of skin cell will appear again). Keratin is important because it helps to protect ths skin from outside elements. However, the natural process of skin erosion becomes uneven, which gives our skin a dry and rough character. 

That is why exfoliating our skin is important, as it helps to removes the outer layer to reveal the newer skin beneath. This shedding of the outer layer unclogs pores, keeps skin clean and helps to reduce acne breakouts. And should always be done after we have cleanse our skin. 

As I have super sensitive (face) skin, alot of exfoliating scrubs or gels are not suitable for me, and will cause me to break out and/or have reddness on my face. 

However, I recently have trying out the Water in Pomegranate peeling gel from The Face Shop and am loving it. It comes in a flip cap - squeeze out tube, contains about 120ml of product. It is super convenient and easy. 

Peeling Gel for hydrated skin.
Contains moist Pomegranate grains that supply moisture and exfoliate skin
surface to make skin soft and resilient.

The product comes out like a clear gel with small red pomegranate grains which are so gentle on the skin. Seriously, I can hardly feel the grains when I am massaging the gel on my face.

I used this product once a week, on a dry, clean face ( pat dry your face after washing, as this product does not works well on wet skin ). Squeeze about a 5 cents coin size of amount, and start massaging the gel onto the face, after a min or so, you will feel that the gel will start turning in to little residue.

I could feel that my skin is smoother and hydrated, unlike the usual drying feeling. It does not break me out or cause any irritations on my skin. And the skin appear to be brighter and more supple.

However, I do recommand that if you have sensitive skin like me or acne prone skin, you should use this product ONCE a week.

Price : SGD $ 25.90 (before 5% member discount)
From : The Face Shop, Singapore

Would I be getting this product again ? Yes, I will.

xoxo
The Thrift Shop Beauty

I will be reviewing about a similiar product from The Face Shop in the next post. So do look out for it, if you have oily or blackheads on your face. Great for Mens too. Stay tuned !

No comments:

Post a Comment